it has been a long time, no?
sorry for my lack of hereness, for i have been away. about 3.5 hours away to be exact, hiding out in fayetteville for a few days basking in the...wind? i felt at times like i was hiding out in a southern chi.
staying with my friend aaron, i had quite the adventurous tour guide. sure, i have been in the Fay plenty of times...but i really enjoy having my friends show me their favorite places. there is really so much to do in this little joint. i l-o-v-e it.
a short synopsis:
- multiple thrift stores=a new record player and a nice collection of records, including hall and oates, foreigner, boston, the west side story soundtrack, perry como, jim croce...to name a few. these to accompany my "my fair lady" soundtrack from aaron. get excited, hipster kids.
- also thrift storing=new throw...can't wait to wash this bad boy and post photos soon. also, more vintage mason jars. leather clutch, and leather crossbody by coach.
- little bread company. geraldi's. burger life. market place sweet potato fries. arsaga's coffee.
- driving around looking at fantastic old houses.
- testing out one another's camera gear for funsies
- movies: the prestige. dedication. battle los angeles. the invention of lying.
- more to come in "the wacky and wonderful"
- seeing this kid drop trou at a reststop today. just took care of business out in the open...
- suckers they sell at the mall in fayetteville, get this: in the shape of an ear of corn (yikes...look at all of those prepositions)
- trying to be a lady while eating a massive cheeseburger. i fail every time. if you figure out how to do this...let me know, please.
- having an emotional breakdown first thing in the morning(yikes.).
- one of the records i bought was a "west memphis marching band 1963-1964." i feel like this deserves to be in both wacky and wonderful. wacky that i found it in fay. wonderful because i am actually from the WM. and my parents met and dated there, daddy born in '63, mommers in '64.
- the fact that bell-bottoms are making a major comeback. have fun with those, kiddos.
- cranberry diet coke from sonic =make this diabetic happy. if you are rockin' a functioning pancreas, go crazy and also add vanilla. trust me. trust.me.
- Jónsi on vinyl. in the morning. oh gracious. so.very.good.
- being held. most especially when there is not a trace of self-centeredness in the midst.
- enjoying a dos equis with one of my favorite people of all time. in the middle of the afternoon. at a hole-in-the-wall mexican restaurant. because.we.can.
- being vulnerable and open with new friends and them being open to you. it is a beautiful thing, truly.
- enjoying the evening at common grounds with a dear friend from college (cough::rhonda.nelms::cough). also, realizing during this time, that she and i are still the same kids we were in college...just now we have bills and careers.
- speaking of rhonda, her amazing idea of having a flash mob in wal-mart. totally BRILL.
- florence and the machine. "the dog days are over" may be my anthem for this spring:
- the continuation of being carded. it will be a sad day when this fails to happen...
- sleeping in my own bed tonight. ahhhhhhh.
hope you are having a great week.