Friday, September 30, 2011

oh, hey, Fall

Fall is without a doubt my most favorite time of the year. For me, Fall is layering out of need rather than preference, drinking hot tea for warmth rather than mere enjoyment, and loads of lamplight while devouring a new (or old) book. Tomorrow marks the first day of October, hands down my favorite month of the year. I anticipate Fall moving into full swing with the smell of leaves, crisp mornings and nice evening walks with a good coat.

To intensify my excitement for Fall, I have made a playlist that seems just right in my mind when it comes to the season. Download it here

My description: "these songs are ones to be enjoyed with a hot mug of whatever tickles your fancy while sitting beside someone who is really good at holding hands**."

**note** On my Fall to-do list: meet a good handholder. Y'all may work as my accomplices and find one for me, not that I am nudging any elbows or anything...

1. "Little Garçon" by Born Ruffians
2. "3 a.m." by Gregory Alan Isakov
3. "Sort of Revolution" by Fink
4. "In Winter" by Matthew and the Atlas
5. "Dream" by Priscilla Ahn
6. "Orange Sky" by Alexi Murdoch
7. "Your Arms Around Me" by Jens Lekman
8. "Cosmia" by Joanna Newsom
9. "My Lady's House" by Iron & Wine
10. "Casmir Pulaski Day" by Sufjan Stevens
11. "December Baby" by Ingrid Michaelson
12. "Raining in Baltimore" by Counting Crows
13. "Raising Cain" by Gregory Alan Isakov
14. "Shape Shifter" by Local Natives
15. "Saeglopur" by Sigur Ros

Have a great October, y'all.

xoxo,
lady

No comments: